Regional Sales Manager - Quantitative Trading Software
First hire in Singapore, for a European firm
Opportunity to build and lead a team
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Europe, is a pioneer in fully integrated algorithmic software solutions for quantitative hedge funds. Their product allows for automation of complex, quantitative trading strategies in Equity, Forex & Derivative markets. It is one of first platforms that allows automated trading of Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies.
They see a huge potential for growth in APAC and as part of their focus to invest in Singapore, they are looking for a Regional Sales Manager - Quantitative Trading Software.
The Regional Sales Manager - Quantitative Trading Software is responsible for managing new deals and existing contracts with leading buy side firms, with an aim to increase the topline for the firm
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this role is responsible for:
- Driving sales across new and existing buy side clients in Asia
- Lead (dotted line) a team of sales support and pre-sales engineers to increase sales
- Being the subject matter expert on cryptocurrency & quantitative trading software
- Present to and consult with the board in Europe on business trends - plan presentations & sales pitches and represent the firm at industry events
- Own the P&L for the region and be the voice of customer for product and sales support teams
In the next 3-5 years, this role (as envisioned) will manage a business of $10m USD and a team in Asia.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters in Financial Engineering, or a relevant discipline
- 5 years or more in selling into hedge funds, crypto funds, prop trading group, banks & brokers
- Leadership experience - having worked in start-up environments with a track record of running a successful business
- Solid technical background, ideally having started in a software engineering role and moving to sales
- Fair risk appetite, entrepreneurial desire and passion for cryptocurrency and quantitative trading
- Solution driven approach to business conversations a lot of conviction, as you are required to represent the firm at all major events
- Proven track record of meeting sales goals in excess of USD 1m per year
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading quantitative trading software provider, is looking for someone who has a desire to join a hyper growth sales business. This role is for someone who is keen to build and run businesses with the backing of a team of industry experts and with an aim to make you the Asia lead. If you are looking for a low risk job with a fixed compensation driven package, this won't be the right role for you.