Regional Sales Manager (ASEAN) - Purification Solutions
Experience of selling specialty chemicals/ materials/ compounds in SEA?
Understanding of activated carbon being used for purification solutions?
About Our Client
A US leading global specialty chemical and performance materials company. This role sits within their Performance Chemicals segment and the product line is Specialty Compounds. This role is responsible for the company's product line that deals with purification solutions.
- Provide technical support by providing training, presentations, technical clarifications at local level to distributors, internal stakeholders and external customers
- Knowledge and capabilities to be recognized as a credible advisor to the customer and deliver value to both parties
- Focus on both existing business (will have specific accounts assigned, with direct quotas/targets) and also developing new accounts (prospect new and take ownership of small and developing accounts)
- Work with customers and distributors responding to inquiries, requests for product brochures, samples and price quotes
- Provide pricing, forecasting and assists in preparing information and research, proposals and contracts
- Participate in the implementation of Commercial Excellence by understanding and applying business rules and customer segmentation practices
- Administer sample allocation and shipment to customers, works with internal groups to select correct product sample and price quotes and ensures timely delivery of samples; prepares SH&E documentation, packaging requirements etc
- Attend regular training sessions to increase business/ product knowledge, sales approach as well as Company sales philosophy and pricing guidelines
- Organise and coordinate customer visits and participate in trade shows
The Successful Applicant
- Prior experience of at least 5 years in a technical Sales related function in a multinational environment preferred (e.g. Industrial, Specialty Chemical, Engineering, Water Treatment, Construction company)
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Degree in Science is desirable
- Basic understanding of Activated Carbon for purification solutions in Water/ F&B/ Pharma/ Chemicals/ Gas/ Air/ Catalyst Segments etc
- Communications Skills - ability to engage in verbal and written communications that are concise, clear, relevant and delivered in the appropriate style and tone
- Commercial & Customer Relationship Skills - ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with customers. Self driven and results oriented and one who owns the customer relationship.
- Listening Skills - shows respect to people by listening to their view point in discussions. Demonstrates that the message has been heard and understood as intended.
- Problem Solving Skills - applies analytical thinking to identify causes of and to identify potential solutions to problems. Able to be innovative in identifying new solutions.
- Strong curiosity to learn about Company products and their applications - after 6-12 months develops deeper technical Product and Process knowledge
- Must be passionate to meet people and develop strong relationships, ready to travel extensively in ASEAN countries (up to 10-15 days/month)
- Must be ethical and honest at all times
- Experience of working with CRM tools and using forecasting tools like JDA/SAP
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be joining a highly respected and innovative global organisation. The Hiring Manager is responsible for the region of APAC including India, China and ANZ so you will be joining a large team with both technical and commercial managers based in several locations across APAC. Although this is an individual contribution role you will be expected to mentor as train colleagues and in the future there will be opportunities to progress into a role with direct leadership opportunities.