Regional Sales Director - Asia
Full autonomy in the role
Automated storage systems for the Life Science industry
About Our Client
Our publicly listed client is aggressively propelling into sample storage and life-cycle management services in the Life Science industry. The organisation is currently a leading player in automation robotics, having expanded from the semiconductor industry. Riding on the success, the client is determined to establish a foothold in the Life Science industry, proven in the acquisition of multiple businesses in the sector. As part of their prospering business model and expansion plans, they are looking for a Regional Sales Director to be fully responsible for the Asia region.
The Regional Sales Director (Asia) will directly report to the Head of Asia for Life Sciences.
The success of the Regional Sales Director will be measured on the following criteria:
- Establishing trust and confidence with the cross-functional teams in the organisation
- Drive lead generation and creation of new accounts
- Build a culture of success through proactive new customer acquisition
Besides, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Leverage and drive the sales process, collaborating in a team environment with support teams (Legal, Finance, Operations and Account Management) to effectively close new customer deals.
- Be an expert on the life science industry, comfortable at selling to all levels of seniority to attain the buy-in
- Engage and enhance customer satisfaction through innovative solution selling, negotiating product pricing and contracts, and closing the sale through contract completion
- Build a comprehensive profile of customer organisation decision makers
- Own the sales budgets and pipeline for the Asia organisation
The Successful Applicant
This role is for an individual with strong relationship-building skills, who is motivated and performance focused. The individual should also possess:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- MBA will be advantageous
- 8 years expertise in selling solutions to B2B and/or B2G accounts in the life science industry
- Strong track record of having created new business, ideally in a mid-large size set up (P&L for this business would be around 10m USD and double digit Y-Y growth)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience and creativity in brand building, development and retention within Asia
- Technically savvy to articulate customer's needs internally
- No obstacle for local and international travelling
- Independent and driven to work in a hyper-dynamic company
What's on Offer
This role will offer an unparalleled opportunity to work in a dynamic and technical environment. This role provides opportunities to work across regions with perfect opportunities to exercise entrepreneurial approaches. The successful applicant will be expected to have an aggressive, can-do personality. You will be part of a prestigious organisation that are recognised as global leaders within automated storage systems space. It is a perfect opportunity for individuals who are eager to step into a strategic role to drive the brand forward.