- Report to Global Head of International Business
- First hire in APAC
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held, US headquartered, firm in the B2B apparel space. Besides uniforms, they make antimicrobial laundry additives and accessories. They have six major brands that already operate within their distribution network and trade across more than a hundred markets. The domestic business in America contributes 90% of the sales now and they are looking for aggressive growth across their international business hubs that include Brazil, Singapore, Dubai, and UK. The business is now establishing a regional sales role based in Singapore to manage the Asia Pacific Region to further accelerate sales. The business sells through intermediate Distributors, Retailers and Suppliers, they are in turn selling through Retail, Online and B2B sales teams. The principal marketplace is Private Healthcare with extended reach into beauty etc.
Michael Page is partnering them on a retained basis to hire this role.
The Regional Sales Director, APAC will report directly to the Global Head of International Business (UK based). Your peers in this role will be the Regional Director for MEA, Regional Director for LATAM and Regional Director for Europe. This role will also have a high visibility with the CEO (US based).
This is a hands-on, commercial role that requires the individual to collaborate with a high-performance team and will suit a dynamic and forward looking professional. Establishing brands requires a clear strategy, selective partnering, and an ability to engage throughout the deal to drive both sell-in and sell-through. This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Driving GTM, key initiatives and sales for APAC including ANZ, Japan, India, and China
- Leading the development and execution of a sales pipeline with support from global marketing based in the UK and US
- Attending tradeshows to establish a regional network and following up on leads - this requires heavy travel
- Developing brand experience across retail and online channels
- Optimize customers' promotional and lead generation effectiveness, supporting sell-through
- Using market and competitor insight to create actionable plans with the wider team
- Work effectively with key stakeholders in Finance, Customer Operations and Marketing, UK & USA based
- Strong relationships and influencing with the wider sales team
The Successful Applicant
- Eight or more years in an APAC sales role, with at least five years in work-wear, uniforms or fashion and lifestyle sectors
- Strong understanding of supply chain, strategic GTM initiatives relevant to the region
- Ability to work independently as this is an individual contributor role, which requires expertise in partner management
- Willing to travel in APAC, UK, and US at least 50% of the time
- Prior experience in growing a $3-5m USD business to $25m or more in APAC
- Strong commercial acumen as we need someone who can drive profitability, alongside revenue growth and leverage on relevant manufacturing and distribution capabilities available in-house
- Regularly present ideas to the C-level on creating innovate campaigns for the APAC region
What's on Offer
This is a brand-new role, created in a mid-size category leader that has a strong ambition for APAC. We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate, with a corresponding ability to lead. You will manage the commercial function in key markets and play a pivotal role in appointing and developing distributors. The compensation and benefits for this role will be in line with the market for a sub-$10m USD business (in APAC).
The interview process will involve three steps: (1) Global Head of International (2) CEO (3) Panel and we plan to have the candidate on board in H2-2023.