Regional Sales / Business Develoment Manager - FMCG
Expanding FMCG company
Exciting collaborative team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading well established MNC specialized within the FMCG Food and personal care industry. Our client is present across Asia, Middle East, Europe and the US.
Due to expansion in the Asia Pacific region, our client is seeking a highly motivated an experienced Regional Business Development Manager for the ASIA region.
Reporting directly to the Director, you will be responsible for distributor management and the development and execution of Sales & marketing strategies and initiatives with the distributors in the region.
This role has two core purposes:
(70%) Distributor Management role - deliver annual sales and contribution target via partnering closely with distributors within ASIA to develop sales strategy, annual plans, managing market demand forecast and marketing expenses, ensure appropriate support and coverage of distributor's requirements on branding, regulatory, stocks.
You will also be involved in assessing existing distributors/ re-establishing new distributors to ensure that they meet the company's financial goals.
(30%) Marketing and Performance Management role - Responsible for the development of strategic plans to achieve long term business objectives, supporting both short and long term market initiated projects and action plans, analysing market intelligence and developing consumer understanding and market insights.
- Execute sales strategy, regularly provides and massage market demand forecast to drive top line growth and accretive margins and market share
- Control operating budget within business targets and track payments of distributor's A&P, Gross Margins and Forex expense claims
- Propose ex-factory/ distributors' trade pricing and monitors distributors' margins to protect/ improve marketing contribution
- Establish market intelligence to improve understanding of key competitors and significant market trends
- Align annual marketing plan with distributor and providing guidelines/monitoring of in-market execution
- Supports new product development via feeding market size potential, competitive landscape and consumer needs/insights
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will have minimum of 6-8 years relevant distributor sales experience in the ASIA market.
Having experience in personal care / FMCG - F&B sector is highly desirable.
Besides, you will need to have:
- Excellent negotiation skills keeping in mind the business requirements of ASIA.
- Solid network in the ASIA region with a focus on FMCG and distribution management
- Passion to be in a hands on entrepreneurial/single contributor role
- Self-starter and performance driven with strong analytical capability, able to make quick decisions to solve issues
- Strong communicator and negotiator, be able to communicate and deal with distributors and different levels/functions of the organization
- Travelling is expected and it would be to key countries within ASIA.
What's on Offer
- This is a unique opportunity to make role your own
- Great culture and working environment as the company is in expansion phase.
- We are open to consider candidates who are looking to be based physically in Singapore and is looking to be a part of a growing organization.