Regional Product Specialist - Medical Devices
Regional sales role in medical devices
Role offering quick career progression
About Our Client
One of the privately held manufacturers and distributor of healthcare products across international markets. The organisations produces an unparalleled portfolio of medical and surgical products with distribution worldwide to hospitals, surgery centres, nursing home facilities, physician's offices, and pharmacies.
Our client is planning significant expansion in the South-East Asia region over the next 2 years. As a result, they require a strong Product Specialist to drive the sales of products with distributors and support distributor reps selling to hospital based end users in SEA Region. The initial focus will be on Singapore, Malaysia and The Philippines. They are looking for a dynamic, hard-working professional with excellent communications skills and the ability to establish relationships with clients.
Reporting to the Region Manager, the Product Specialist's responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new distributors and expanding product lines sold in market.
- Assisting distributor reps with the promotion and sale of products
- Providing clinical or technical training support to field personnel.
- Conducting on site customer training.
- Identifying and solving complex and or unusual customer problems in a timely manner.
- Developing customised surgical packs.
- Providing detailed input/feedback to Product Division personnel to recommend changes in product configuration, quality or any other aspects of the product or service.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the role of Product Specialist will be curious, self-motivated, and possess an understanding of the healthcare environment, preferably with a clinical background. They will be eager to learn, enjoy problem solving, and get on well with others.
- BSc in a related field - science, nursing, pharmacist, clinical studies
- 4 years of sales experience in medical devices or medical equipment.
- A high energy level, strong motivation and sales driven.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, surgeons, nurses and other technical medical staff.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Numerate and analytical skill including a high degree of Excel proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to teach, self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop training programs and documentation.
- Ability to travel extensively.
What's on Offer
Our client offers an exciting opportunity to work in the fast paced and growing medical devices industry. They are looking for someone who is able to combine product and technical knowledge with interpersonal, leadership teaching skills in an entrepreneurial environment. Training will be provided in USA and/or Australia. Rewarding high commissions structure, great work culture.