Regional HR Director - Construction
Team management role
Manage HR teams in Singapore, Malaysia, China
About Our Client
Our client is a successful player in the construction space and part of a larger conglomerate. They manage ultra-high end projects in the region with a focus on Singapore, Malaysia, China, Thailand and South Asia. This HR leadership role will be pivotal in driving process design - best in class, act as the key point of contact for senior line managers and own employee development & change management. This is a permanent role and has been created as a replacement headcount.
The Regional HR Director (Construction) reports directly to the Managing Director, Asia Pacific, who is looking to double the topline revenue in the region over the next 3-5 years. The role works in close partnership with leads across the different business verticals and country managers. The key objective for this role is to manage end to end strategy, planning and execution of HR processes within the regional organization.
Besides the above, this role will:
- Partner with the leadership team regionally and with the in-country teams to determine the HR objectives & development of programs, initiatives and campaigns that impact employees
- Lead the implementation of personnel & management development tools in the region
- Ensure timely management of training deliveries
- Be the owner of key HR activities - recruitment, relocation, performance management, training etc.
- Build a culture of success and passion within the organization
The Successful Applicant
- Master's Degree in Business, HR or a relevant discipline
- 12 years' or more in HR and at least 5 years in a team management role (10 - 20 headcounts) within a listed corporate (B2B)
- Strong passion for the construction, design or build (B2B) and ideally, experience of having worked in a similar organization
- Expertise in developing a corporate image strategy and dealing with C-suite executives
- Commercial mindset, strong ability to manage regional projects
- High level of energy, drive, positivity and ability to build a culture around you
What's on Offer
This Regional HR Director (Construction) role is ideal for candidates who are looking to make an impact in the way HR runs in an organization. The hiring manager is looking for passion, drive and open mindedness. Culture is the most valuable asset of this organization so they are looking for someone who will represent their brand well.
It is a challenging role, given its regional nature and high volume so time management is critical. Pay will be competitive and bonuses in line with the market.