- Newly created role, aimed at capital raising
- Top tier investment management firm
About Our Client
Our client is an incredibly exciting investment management firm, that advises and manages capital for global institutional clients and HNWIs. Their clients include sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, insurance companies, family offices, endowments, foundations etc.
Their portfolio stretches across equities, ETFs, and fixed income and the focus of this newly created, Regional Head - Asia, role will be to help in capital raising efforts focused on the firm's offshore India strategies.
Reporting directly to the Head of International Business, the Regional Head, Asia will be measured on:
- Expanding the distribution channels and partnerships across Asia (ex-India)
- Leading regional investor relations and business development
- Qualifying, researching, and understanding prospects' financial status, investment needs and requirements and providing an appropriate investment solution across equity, fixed income, and alternatives (Including hedge funds, pre-IPO, co-investment etc.)
- Managing reporting, investor and regulator meetings, presentations
- Representing the firm at industry events and conferences
- Participate actively and effectively in product launches
- Partner with marketing & communications teams to promote products and produce best-in-class client communications
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful applicant, you meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors' in Finance, Business, or another relevant discipline plus experience in institutional sales and investor relations focused on India equities market
- Prior experience of having led institutional sales in the asset management industry
- Proven track record in capital raising with a strong understanding of India equities
- Ability to work independently - it is estimated that around 10 years' related experience or more would be needed to manage the demands of this role autonomously
- Have existing contacts with institutional investors and regulators in Asia including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, endowments, pensions, family offices etc.
- Strong business ethics and values to align to the corporate culture
What's on Offer
Our client is an incredibly exciting investment manager that's looking at significant global expansion in 2023, with key roles hired in Singapore, UK and NY. This would be an excellent move for someone looking to move to a role that stretches beyond business development as you will have a chance to build the Asia (ex-India) business from the ground up.
Remuneration will be competitive and will include a fixed base, performance linked bonus and benefits.