Regional Freight & Customs Manager
European MNC with solid brand name in the Consumer Goods industry
Be part of expansion plans with a growing organisation
About Our Client
Our Client is an International European Company in the Beauty business, with an extensive global network and multi-billion dollar revenue. They are globally recognised as a market leader and are constantly reinventing themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance regionally and internationally and as part of this commitment, they are looking for a dynamic Freight & Customs Manager to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Regional Logistics Director, your major responsibilities will include the development, execution as well as continuous improvement of the Freight & Logistics processes (more import than export) in alignment with the commercial objectives. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions in the matrix organisation across multiple BUs. This role is highly strategic and technical.
- Leverage on Freight, Duty, Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and Customs Tariff knowledge to drive down Duty and Tax costs.
- Reduce import freight costs while complying with Business objectives.
- Work with Supply Chain, Global Freight and 3PLs to improve efficiency of processes to ensure timely arrival of inventory (multi-brands) and a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Continuous improvement of Inbound Freight strategies to optimise cost and flexibility to cater to Business needs.
- Develop value-chain and work-flow to reduce spend on Duty through leverage on alternate routing, FTAs etc.
- Partner with multiple Distribution Centres (DCs) in the region to understand cost drivers and gaps to initiate cost saving Projects.
- Performance Management of internal DCs to ensure on-time delivery and optimal level of service is achieved.
- Subject Matter Expert on Freight and Duty for future capabilities, supporting cross functions.
- Analytics and modelling to support strategic initiatives.
- Manage 3 remote direct reports.
- Travel about 30-40% to countries within your remit on a needs-basis.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Logistics or equivalent related studies and you must have significant years of relevant experiences in Freight, and Logistics. You must be knowledgeable in Customs Tariff, FTAs, Freight and Duty. Experience in FMCG sectors with exposure in Leadership will be an advantage. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company has a "family" culture and nurtures talents. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and reward discounts.