- Working for a reputable MNC
- Regional coverage
About Our Client
Our client is a listed MNC in the manufacturing sector. They have production plants across Asia and over 20,000 employees around the globe.
Due to the aggressive expansion plan, they are now looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join the regional team with the following responsibilities:
- Lead the closing process for Singapore operations; responsible for financial operations and reporting activities and drives operational efficiency to ensure smooth day-to-day running of operations. Ensure closing activities are performed timely and accurate group reporting.
- Responsible for regional analysis of monthly financial results / forecasts, annual budget, actuals in Asia Pacific region, allowing the organisation to make well-informed commercial decisions.
- Ensures that all corporate and governance requirements are met as well as keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Lead and roll out regional projects by providing financial recommendations. Formulate and implement finance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and local accounting regulations.
- Process improvements: Review the current work processes and identify areas to streamline for greater efficiency. The incumbent will also need to work with shared service to work out new processes for a more effective and efficient lean team.
- Management of internal controls and financial / accounting systems: Maintain effective systems with strong internal controls implemented to govern the integrity of all systems, processes and data and enhance the quality of the Company's data. Maintain accurate financial and accounting records through proper control and verification processes to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidate would be:
Bachelor degree holder in Accountancy or related discipline; CA, CPA or ACCA qualified.
- At least five years of relevant audit and financial accounting experience with an MNC.
In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and working knowledge of Singapore tax regulations and Companies Act requirement.
Prior working experience with hands-on knowledge of SAP is required.
- Manufacturing costing exposure is essential.
- Results oriented, well organised, detailed-conscious, and possess project management skills.
Demonstrated the ability to work with people at any level in an organisation
Ability to multi-task and prioritise with strong analytical skill
Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Ability to work under pressure in meeting tight deadlines.
What's on Offer
The company offers:
- Stable work environment
- Open and dynamic working culture
- Internal mobility opportunities