- Regional scope of work
- Decision-making role
About Our Client
Our Client is a Tier 1, global Retail Company that is a strong leader within the development, manufacturing, sales & marketing and design of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services, which boasts a wide portfolio of high quality and distinguishable products. They constantly aim to deliver innovative products, experiences and services to inspire the consumer market, which is why they are seeking for a Regional Customs Manager to assist them and contribute in this area.
You will be pioneering goods flow maintenance while concurrently ensuring compliance, minimizing costs and optimizing Supply Chain lead time:
- You will be supporting the due diligence, evaluation and implementation of new business initiatives.
- You are expected to drive compliance through regular internal audits and contractual reviews for the client.
- You are responsible to identify and implement any non-compliance by corrective actions or opportunities for improvement respectively.
- You will be working together with each region to resolve and support their customs issues when they are questioned or audited by Customs authorities.
- You are expected to manage and optimize duties and other costs within the compliance framework.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Supply Chain Management or International Trade/Tax and have significant years of related working experience in the FMCG/Retail industry from a Customs & International Trade background. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability import/export policies and processes, valuation, compliance and audit management, preferential trade programs, transfer pricing adjustments from a customs perspective. Regional or global exposure would be advantageous. Your experience working with project teams on system automation/tool development and in developing policies and procedures would be an additional advantage.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.