Regional Compliance Leader (Insurance)
Global Insurance Company
About Our Client
Our client is an MAS regulated insurance company. They are looking for a visionary leader, the Regional Compliance Leader who will lead, direct and counsel various business departments on different requirements and policies.
Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Compliance Leader's success will be measured on the following criteria:
- Executing the compliance strategy and plan for Asia and providing assurance to the business that the function inherent risk are being identified, managed and mitigated.
- Aligning the Compliance strategy with business strategy, legal requirements and trends in order to provide the big picture clarity to fellow team members on the function's key role in supporting the business.
- Advising and supporting first line defence with the adoption, development, implementation and maintenance of Compliance policies.
- Conducting the annual Compliance planning to identify regional and local priorities on risk-basis, including sufficient monitoring and training activities.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify the potential Regional Compliance Leader should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Commerce.
- At least 15 years of strong operational compliance management experience with solid exposure to insurance including life, general and reinsurance. Regional and cross border experience is compulsory.
- High level of energy and ability to build rapport with senior management.
- Able to influence and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading global insurance company, is looking for a leader who does not shy away from challenging situations and has the confidence to challenge compliance matters. The role is the Regional Compliance Leader and it comes with a fair degree of autonomy, flexibility and will pay competitively in line with market.