- Reporting to VP, APAC
- Managed a direct team of 3
About Our Client
Our client is a leading, US listed brand in consumer-packaged goods 'CPG' and their distribution network extends to more than 90 countries. In their category, they have a strong market position in South East Asia and #1 market share in territories such as Thailand. In terms of direct teams in the region, they operate with a lean model. As part of the APAC strategy for 2022 to strengthen their market lead in South East Asia, they are looking to hire a Regional Commercial Director, South East Asia.
Michael Page is partnering them on a retained basis to hire this role.
The Regional Commercial Director, South East Asia will report directly to the Vice President, APAC. Your peers in this role will be the Regional Director for ANZ, Regional Director for China and Marketing Director for APAC. This role will also have a high visibility with the CEO (US based).
This is a hands-on, leadership role that requires the individual to operate with a lean team. This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Driving sales and EBITDA performance for South East Asia
- Lead the development and execution of regional Omni Channel Strategy: Retail, Foodservice, e-Commerce, Social Commerce, Pharmacy, and open marketplace.
- Manage correct market product assortment and drive relevant NPD and innovation
- Build a winning team; motivate others by providing a stable, positive environment that challenges and develops each employee's potential
- In conjunction with Regional Marketing, identify, utilize and mange local agencies to drive brand awareness and build brand values
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Masters' Degree in Business or a relevant discipline
- Ten or more years in leading regional sales, ideally with at least five years in food & beverage products
- Five or more years in leading the South East Asia / ASEAN region with at least 4-5 direct reports
- Strong distributor management experience, financial acumen and track record are important
- Analytical personality, with out of the box thinking and project management skills for building new offerings
- Flexibility to travel in the region, once restrictions ease
What's on Offer
This is a replacement headcount, created in a business that has a strong ambition for APAC. We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate, with a corresponding ability to lead. You will manage the commercial function in key markets and play a pivotal role in hiring and developing talent. The compensation and benefits for this role will be in line with the market.
The interview process will involve three steps: (1) Hiring Manager (2) Peers (3) CEO and we plan to have the candidate on board by August or September, latest.