Regional Commercial Director, APAC - FMCG
Strong focus on China, 50% of the revenue in that market
Team management role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading brand in consumer packaged goods and their distribution network extends to close to 100 countries. They have a strong market position in APAC and 50% market share in China. In terms of direct teams in the region, they operate with a lean model. As part of the APAC strategy for 2020 to strengthen their market lead across APAC, are looking to hire a Regional Commercial Director.
Michael Page is partnering them on a retained basis to hire this role.
This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Managing client relationships and business partnerships across APAC, while assisting the regional teams in the preparation of sales forecasts/budgets
- Driving market research and maintaining market analysis of all territories
- Being familiar with regulatory requirements in all designated markets-seeking out the best possible partners and route to market
- Managing a team of sales managers, who in turn manage sales executives in the respective countries
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Business or in a relevant discipline
- 10+ years of Commercial/Sales/Distributor Management experience, ideally in the FMCG/Consumer industry
- Regional exposure in North East Asia, South East Asia, and China market is a must
- Excellent communication and account management skills
- Strong business ethics and values that align with the corporate culture
- Ability to work independently
What's on Offer
This is a new role, created in a business that has a strong ambition for APAC. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and a corresponding ability to take lead. You will manage the commercial function in key markets and play a pivotal role in hiring and developing talent. The compensation and benefits for this role will be in line with the market.