- Global Organization
- Work Lifebalance
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent Global Conglomerate that is the market leader within the Chemical Industry with employees across APAC, Europe & America. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are seeking for an Experienced Regional Procurement Manager (Indirect Procurement) to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the head of department, the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement process of Indirect services such as MRO, Facility Management, sub-contractors etc for APAC region with a core emphasis for JAPAN as a market. Added advantage to individuals that are able to converse and read in Japanese as you will be the point of contact to drive commercial negotiation with vendors/suppliers that is predominantly based in Japan at the moment.
Your responsibilities include:
- To drive the procurement process by developing intimate knowledge of selected commodity markets through study, analysis, personal contacts with suppliers, brokers and any other sources of market information.
- To develop and implement business procurement strategies for the country/site to optimize cost.
- To develop middle and long-term strategies to best leverage of the global and regional supply base.
- Project management of regionally steered sourcing activities across all Indirect Categories.
- To analyze trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decisions.
- To Implement global, regional and local agreements where possible and support the financial targets as outlined by Global.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in Indirect Procurement Category. It is essential that you can demonstrate your strong communication skills with an eye for details.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.