- Sell information and services to pension funds, endowment funds etc.
- Amazing culture, highly autonomous role
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Europe, is a niche player in the information services space. They provide information and services to buy-side firms, regulators, and governments. Their relationships operate at the CIO, Fund Manager and Portfolio Manager level and the focus is on long term account development.
They see a huge potential for growth in Asia and as part of their focus to grow the institutional relationships with buy-side firms in the region, they are looking for a Regional Business Development Manager.
The Regional Business Development Manager is responsible for leading new business with funds across Asia and managing existing contracts with leading buy side firms, including the APAC relationships for the global players.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Asia, this role is responsible for:
- Driving sales across new buy-side clients: hedge funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowment funds, family offices etc.
- Potentially, leading 1-2 headcounts focused on specific clients / markets
- Being the subject matter expert on offering investment allocation advice to clients
- Present to and consult with the board in US/Europe on business trends - plan presentations & and represent the firm at industry events
The Successful Applicant
- Master's in Finance, Financial Engineering or Economics or a similar discipline
- 5 years or more in selling into hedge funds, pension funds, wealth funds, family offices etc.
- Solid technical background, ideally having sold Fixed Income solutions for at least two years
- Existing network in Asia within buy-side firms, with proven track record of having developed new business
- Solution driven approach to business conversations and a lot of conviction, as you might be required to represent the firm at all major events, conferences, news interviews
What's on Offer
Our client, a niche yet highly reputable player in the space, is looking for someone who has a desire to join a consultative sales business. This role is for someone who is keen to build and run a sales team with the backing of industry experts. Fixed compensation for this role will be in the SGD 90k - 130kk range with a strong bonus component.
Due to the confidential nature of this job, we will only be able to disclose the company details to shortlisted applicants and those candidates should receive a notification within 14 days of their application.