Regional Business Development Lead - Media/Entertainment
First headcount for APAC region, seated in Singapore
Drive business development & partnerships with leading brands
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing media and entertainment firm, operating across omnichannel platforms to offer their clientele bespoke digital & traditional campaigns and events. With HQ in India, healthy headcount of 150+ and an expansion strategy that has seen their exposure into 29 global markets, they are looking for a Business Development Lead to drive their newest vertical driving brand solutions for the APAC region.
Based out of Singapore, this role will drive business development to any/all relevant brands across the region, driving bespoke market-leading brand solutions for both online/offline/events channels, With this vertical operating akin to an in-house agency working with external partners and in some cases, other agencies (for subcontracting work), the ideal candidate will come with built-in understanding of selling agency into external brands and leveraging their existing network to hit the ground running. This role reports into the in-house Agency Business Head, coming with 13 years of experience within media and entertainment space.
As first headcount for Singapore, this will be an individual contributor role.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will:
- Establish and implement the business development roadmap and strategy for the APAC region
- Understand and pitch brand and media solutions, focus on digital and new media, i.e. social media influencers, Key Opinion Leaders, and Online Creator branded content
- Hold strong ability to speak and network with C-suite and market leaders
- Be entrepreneurial, and able to work alone and through virtual teams for the first 6 months to a year
- Understand and stay on top of current and upcoming market and entertainment trends in the region
The Successful Applicant
- 6 or more years experience in branded solutions and media sales with a focus on digital and new media
- Bachelor's degree in business or relevant field of study
- Prior regional experience driving media sales for APAC region
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to start up our client's Singapore and APAC on-the-ground presence, working in tandem with a driven regional team across the region. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in lean and high-performance organisation. As this will be the sole headcount in Singapore for the time being, this role offers excellent internal exposure as you will own the growth for APAC region and have a significant impact on the company's revenue generation for the region.