Regional Application Development Engineer | Perm
Established MNC with Global Presence
Regional opportunity with training programmes
About Our Client
My client is in Speciality Chemicals business where the focus on silicones and advanced materials, serving customers customers throughout Asia in the automotive, aerospace, energy, health care and consumer products
- Partner closely with South East Asia (SEA) team to provide technical expertise and total solutions to end-users for silicone elastomer applications, including on-site troubleshooting, supporting customers in lab assessment, testing, quality claim validations and training.
- Participate in global new product introduction (NPI) promotion including presentations, roadshows and exhibitions in SEA region.
- Frequent travel to a variety of customer visits for new market / application hunting.
- Collaborate with customers to investigate the root causes of any technical issues.
- Test and assess existing materials to verify quality claims, study property deviations and run DOE for best application performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Fluent in English communication with background in chemical engineering, chemistry or chemical related major with master degree or above, PhD is preferred.
- Strong experience in technical service, application development with polymer materials (plastics, rubber, adhesives, etc.) is preferred.
- Comfortable with frequent travelling (50% workload) including international trips.
- Experienced in methodical troubleshooting. Understand DOE and Six Sigma certificated is preferred.
What's on Offer
This new role will offer an unparalleled opportunity to work in a dynamic environment. This role provides opportunities to work across regions and be the technical bridge between business and the lab/plant. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive package, as well as chances to accumulate professional experience within a multi-nationally renowned organisation.