Swedish company and a market leader in its field of expertise
About Our Client
Client uses technology to disrupt the traditional insurance industry and provide services to emerging markets, bringing positive impact to lives.
- Tasked with month-end accounting close process for SEA region
- Liaise with in-country finance managers, ensuring all accounting is timely, accurate and compliance with local accounting, tax & regulatory requirement and standards
- Prepare and perform balance sheet and P&L reviews & reconciliations
- Coordinate and support the timely completion of statutory audits
- All other tasks/responsibilities as required for the job, ad hoc corporate and business requests
- Check for compliance with group accounting policies and group guidelines
- Establish and maintain consolidation processes
- Manage & Support local accounting teams for accounting related matters, and audit related matters
Supports Central team in inputting of invoices into system
- Full set of book keeping for Singapore & Malaysia entity
- Prepare accurate and timely report for stakeholders
- Liaise with tax agents and external auditors.
- Initiate improvements in group consolidation processes / accounting operations and related areas
- Suggest / initiate / lead improvements in finance operations / processes as needed. Provide timely reporting to Corporate in a timely manner.
- Lead / support finance related projects to improve productivity, compliance or governance and provide recommendations for improvements. This also includes the broad spectrum of project management activities.
- Admin duties 10%
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced in accounting operations
- Experienced in audit
- Degree in Accountancy
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially Excel
- Solid experience in process improvement implementation
- Experience in ERP system
- Experience in compliance & controls & taxation matters
- Strong project management skills. Includes planning, negotiation, risk management & leadership.
- Problem solving, decision making & critical thinking skills
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and demanding environment
- Team player with collaborative personality, change adaptability, efficient and well organize.
- Candidate must be willing travel to SEA countries (thirty percent or more)
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to work in a start up environment
- Regional exposure with travelling opportunities
- Permanent role