Quantitative Portfolio Manager - Equities
Newly set-up family fund, in excess of 2B USD
First in-house hire as PM
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known privately held conglomerate with a newly set-up fund with AUM in excess of 2B USD. In this privately held fund, they are looking for someone who can understand asset liability management, strategic asset allocation and risk management. The client is looking to invest heavily in data automation and analytics so we are looking for someone who is highly skilled in managing money using advanced technology platforms.
The Quantitative Portfolio Manager - Equities role is a brand new headcount.
This role is responsible for managing the quant equity portfolio for our client by designing strategies and implementing those plans.
Main responsibilities for you include:
- Strategic leadership: lead the investment committee (IC) and data driven investment team
- Portfolio management: manage investment allocations, maintaining relationships with clients
- Quantitative investing: drive quantitative research and create investment strategies
- Market & credit risk: advise the market & credit risk teams on models
- Technological inclusion: work closely with the cloud, data teams to deliver most value
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this role, you have:
- Master's Degree or MBA in Finance or a relevant discipline from a top institution
- 15 years or more in portfolio management, with at least 5 years in quantitative investing
- Experience of having worked in a family office environment will be helpful
- Solid knowledge in portfolio construction and risk management; minimum AUM 0.5 billion USD
- Experience of investing in Asian equities would be preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers an opportunity to build and lead an investment team in-house and be the subject matter expert on quantitative investing. There will be a competitive salary and equity/bonus package commensurate with the candidate's level of experience and performance.