- Strong and Stable Firm
- Good working culture
About Our Client
Our client is a strong and stable financial services firm and aims to be the first provider of a smart beta indices platform to help investors understand and invest in advanced beta equity strategies. In addition, our client offers smart factor indices built within their in-house framework which distinguishes between stock selection and stock weighting to allow for explicit control of risk exposures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform research and analysis on target sectors, activities and companies, with emphasis on climate scenario alignment and climate solutions;
- Contribute to identifying potential sources for data collection and put forward estimation strategies to address data gaps;
- Contribute to the design and/or implementation of structured and unstructured data acquisition processes and data processing models, and/or author/maintain related code;
- Build up and maintain data dictionaries and databases on environmental, social and governance (ESG) indicators;
- Design or implement processes to ensure the quality and integrity of data at the input and output stages, and/or author/maintain related code.
The Successful Applicant
- Master of Science in environmental economics/finance, environmental/energy policy, corporate sustainability, economics, finance, management;
- Work experience as a researcher and/or data scientist, preferably in the financial industry;
- Familiarity with financial statements and data, and financial data platforms;
- Experience of climate scenarios and familiarity with climate portfolio alignment theories, metrics and challenges will be a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to produce high-quality research and analysis;
- Statistical and coding skills (e.g. MATLAB, SQL, Python);
What's on Offer
Remuneration will be in line with market. In addition, you will be able to rely on knowledge and experience from the wider leadership team here in Singapore.