Quality Director (APAC)
Opportunity to step up into people management experience.
Initiate strategic changes to improve company business.
About Our Client
A leading global food manufacturing organization is seeking for a Regional Quality Head to lead the quality team within APAC. This role is equivalent to a Quality Director seniority to lead quality strategy within regional operations function and ensure alignment with global level.
- Lead global quality roadmaps and projects, driving quality strategy within regional operations function in the APAC region.
- Build quality culture and ownership engrained in factory operation functions.
- Establish strategic plans and procedures at all levels to ensure quality improvement efforts are coordinated within different departments (Supply Chain, Production, Food Innovation R&D team).
- Improve quality and food safety systems robustness by ensuring food safety compliant and deliver highest quality standard to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive/coordinate continuous improvement of quality and food safety systems for internal stakeholders, customer and ensure vendor quality performance.
- Familiar with FSSC 22000/ ISO 22000, Halal and Kosher, food allergen, you will ensure that the food production processes and end product conform to these statutory and legal requirements.
- Work closely with raw materials distributor, commercial team, the flavourist and R&D scientists and production team to ensure the product released is of good quality and ensure full compliance.
- Investigate non-conformities or discrepancies/take action on product testing/inspections when necessary.
- Lead the internal auditing for Food Safety Management System and Quality Management System.
- Lead the Quality Management System to ensure the system is well-established and in-place.
- Lead the team to conduct FSSC audits and customer audits, be the representative for both internal and external audit.
- Determine quality risks, perform risk assessment on food defense to ensure the entire supply chain is in-compliance with food and quality standard and resolve any food safety and hygiene issues.
- Regulate and enforce strict adherence to proper food safety (FSSC 22000 etc) and regulatory requirements (Halal, Kosher etc).
- Develop and provide knowledge and leadership guidance to the quality team including providing relevant training courses to the team.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Chemical Engineering/Biology/Food Science.
- Minimum 10 years working experiences with strong knowledge in quality strategy (factory quality, QMS, quality assurance, third party supplier management etc).
- Have experience leading a team of minimum 5 direct reports with proven experience working in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to step up to a senior leadership role.