- Pioneer role with regional exposure.
- Exciting opportunity to join an MNC organization in the food industry.
About Our Client
An exciting Quality Assurance Executive opportunity has just become available with a large food giant company in Singapore. My client is a leading food ingredients and agricultural commodities and has launched a new B2C business unit for few years now.
- With knowledge in nuts and nut-based products, confectionery products, dry blended beverages, coffee and RTD's and packaging, ensure compliance to standards in operations in their manufacturing plant in South East Asia (mainly Malaysia and Vietnam) through audits and visits.
- Collaborate with all suppliers of raw materials, packaging materials and finished products and ensure that all products meet the product specifications through regular visits.
- Leads the implementation of quality systems to ensure adherence to product specifications, GMP's, SOPs, HACCP and ISO 22000.
- With knowledge of certification process in Halal and /or Kosher and various other requirements, support the group to streamline QA requirements in this area.
- Liase with external laboratories for testing of physical, chemical and microbiological parameters and any other outsourced analysis.
- Support the product development team with literature and patent search.
- Executive and lead sensory evaluation methods and statistical methods.
- Work with the category and supply chain functions in development of new suppliers for products, supplier quality audits, raw material sampling requirements, storage, inventory control (ageing) and norms for shipping and distribution of raw materials and finished products out of origination.
- Communicate finished product attributes & quality systems with internal and external customers, creating an environment of continuing guarantee of all products on quality and food safety.
- Perform periodic audits at the distribution markets on recall systems, inventory control and benchmark products against competition products.
- Develop a training program to ensure that the QA technicians are trained and follow testing procedures and work with analytical equipment.
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma/ Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or food-related degree.
- Minimum 3 years of quality assurance experience in nuts and nut-based products, confectionery products, dry blended beverages, coffee and RTD's and packaging
- Knowledgeable in HACCP, ISO 220000 and food safety standards.
- Willing to travel to South East Asia for business trips (currently put on hold and will resume post Covid situation).
- Independent and excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with China / Taiwan counterparts.
What's on Offer
Pioneer role with regional exposure.