Public Policy Analyst, APAC - Consumer Tech
Market leading firm
Silicon vallery start up
About Our Client
Our client, a Silicon Valley technology firm, is building consumer products with a heavy focus on data analytics and innovation. They are disrupting an otherwise mature market within this category and already having a leading market share globally. In line with the increased global focus on their social engagement and public health, they are looking for a Public Policy Analyst, APAC.
Reporting to the business and working closely with the government affairs teams in San Francisco and Asia, the public policy analyst will drive relationships with legislators, government officials, regulators about the business' mission. You will also be responsible to influence the crafting of the best 'ongoing' regulatory framework.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful applicant for this role, you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Political Science, Economics or another relevant disciplines
- 3-5 years in public policy work, ideally in a regulated industry like alcohol, cigarette, healthcare or medical devices
- Outstanding written and oral communicator who can convey complex policy research in simple terms
- Ability to prepare persuasive, simple documents and presentations for use by lobbying staff
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
What's on Offer
Our client, one of the fastest growing technology start-ups out of Silicon Valley, has an entrepreneurial team coming from blue-chip firms. In this Public Policy Analyst, APAC - Consumer Tech role, they are looking for someone who help them create and execute the right regulatory framework. The remuneration for this role will be competitive and the client is happy to explore equity play for the right talent.