Project & Product Manager (APAC) - Laboratory Products
Newly created function due to business expansion
Inclusive employee culture
About Our Client
Our client, a leading dynamic European industrial group, offers innovative solutions for clean and sterile processes (sterilisers, decontamination units, elastomeric closures et cetera). In the last 5 years, they have been growing their product range through in-house R&D and acquisitions. In Asia Pacific, they have grown from a headcount of 5 in 2011 to 45+ in 2019. They have made solid plans to expand into the Middle East and Africa regions, headquartered out of Singapore as well.
Reporting to the Managing Director (APAC, ME & Africa) based in Singapore, the Project Manager will be responsible for monitoring of ongoing and incoming projects, ensuring effective execution and delivery of products / services to clients. Additionally, you would oversee the product lifecycle management, product planning and pre-sales consulting.
Additionally, you would also be up to the challenge of:
- Responsible for guiding and managing project teams to ensure successful delivery
- Effective collaboration and partnership with both internal and external stakeholders across divisions
- Owning a clear understanding of the business processes and solid product knowledge
- Product positioning, price positioning and competitive benchmarking
- Communicate product sales arguments to internal and external customers through training
- Project management in new product launch and promotion
- Plant and supplier management, define specifications in accordance to market requirement
- Manage new program development project to ensure competitive market coverage
The Successful Applicant
If you are the ideal candidate, you must have the following:
- Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or a relevant discipline from a reputable university
- 8 years or more experience in handling high value accounts in the industrial equipment, to the biomedical, pharmaceutical and food industries
- Strong track record of having strong project management, product management and performance measurement metrics
- Flexibility of travelling up to 50%, including a 1-2 month training in Europe upon commencement
- High level of energy, drive and integrity
What's on Offer
Our client offers you an opportunity to be dealing with high end engineering solutions but still operate in a matrix (lean) structure. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management.
- The role requires managing some of the key markets for the group so it is an excellent opportunity for you to get visibility with the global leadership team.
- The base salary for the role will be competitive and there will be performance-based incentives, in this very entrepreneurial role.