Medical Devices Industry
About Our Client
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare products in the US and since 2011 this success has been replicated across international markets in Europe and APAC. They produce an unparalleled portfolio of medical and surgical products with distribution worldwide to hospitals, surgery centres, nursing home facilities, physicians' offices, and pharmacies.
Medline's firm commitment is to providing the healthcare market with quality medical products and services, improving patient care and the quality of people's lives.
Medline's APAC business has been built on a strong presence in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. Their next target will be South-East Asia where currently they are operating with a distributor model.
The company has always been built on a foundation of entrepreneurship, independence and creativity. The growth of the Singapore office will be no different. The company culture is one of openness and accountability. In order to enjoy a successful career with Medline, candidates will have to demonstrate the ability to function in both start-up and MNC environments.
Medline is planning significant expansion in the South-East Asia region over the next 2 years. As a result, they require a strong Product Specialist to drive the sales of Medline product with distributors and support distributor reps selling to hospital based end users in SEA Region. The initial focus will be on Singapore, Malaysia and The Philippines. They are looking for a dynamic, hard-working professional with excellent communications skills and the ability to establish relationships with clients.
Reporting to the Region Manager, the Product Specialist's responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new distributors and expanding product lines sold in market.
- Assisting distributor reps with the promotion and sale of Medline products
- Providing clinical or technical training support to field personnel.
- Conducting on site customer training.
- Identifying and solving complex and or unusual customer problems in a timely manner.
- Developing customized surgical packs.
- Providing detailed input/feedback to Product Division personnel to recommend changes in product configuration, quality or any other aspects of the product or service.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the role of Product Specialist will be curious, self motivated, and possess an understanding of the healthcare environment, preferably with a clinical background.They will be eager to learn, enjoy problem solving, and get on well with others.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following skills and experiences:
- BSc in a related field - science, nursing, pharmacist, clinical studies
- 2 years of sales experience in healthcare.
- A high energy level, strong motivation and sales driven.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, surgeons, nurses and other technical medical staff.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Numerate and analytical skill including a high degree of Excel proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to teach, self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop training programs and documentation.
- Ability to travel extensively.
What's on Offer
Our client offers an exciting opportunity to work in the fast paced and growing medical devices industry. They are looking for someone who is able to combine product and technical knowledge with interpersonal, leadership teaching skills in an entrepreneurial environment. Training will be provided in USA and/or Australia. Rewarding high commissions structure, great work culture.