Product Marketing Manager (SEA) - Professional Audio
Newly created and regional role
Critical function for NPD and for sustained commercial growth
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned top brand in the audio category, highly trusted by many businesses, and down to the consumer level as well. Being a pioneer in the audio products category, their product category has expanded a lot since the beginning, now its expertise covers a huge range of audio purposes. These include the retail business (earphones and headphones), enterprise business (audio visual environments such as boardrooms and networked enterprises) and professional audio business (such as sound systems of theatres and stadiums). As the growth of the professional audio business in the Asia region has expanded lately and is also expected to sustain, our client is now looking to hire another product marketing professional to lead this effort.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Director, the role will be responsible for spearheading the product marketing strategies and plans for the SEA region. The Product Marketing Manager will be expected to manage the end-to-end product lifecycle by having a clear understanding of the voice of user(s), determine the right product portfolio for the different verticals, and delivering the value propositions of new products to the market.
Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Product category expert - Be updated on market demands and requirements based on the shift of technology trends as well as exchange these crucial business information and insights with the counterparts in other region
- New product introduction (NPI) - Work closely with the Market Research and Insights team engaged by the global headquarters and define opportunity gaps or new products launched within industry by competitors
- 4Ps marketing mix - Other than the critical Product, Placement, Pricing and Positioning decision factors, the role is also responsible for demand forecast, product refresh / innovations, specification changes and technical and compliance issues
- Collaboration with other stakeholders - Work closely with the Product Development and Launch teams to ensure a smooth process and information sharing about product availabilities as well as functional details
- Trainings and Demonstrations - Conduct trainings for sales personnel prior to any new product launches, and also coach the internal employees on any product features and benefits available
The Successful Applicant
To be the successful candidate, you must have the following:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a relevant field
- Qualification in Electronics Engineering will be an additional advantage
- At least 8 years' product marketing or marketing experience within the professional audio or audio visual industry
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate complex data into actionable insights for the purpose of R&D and effective strategies
- Strong and effective communication skills, proficient in written and spoken English
- Flexibility of travel up to 30%
What's on Offer
If you are someone who is a go-getter and owns a proactive attitude, this would be an excellent opportunity for you. Given the chance to envision the future prospect of the business by identifying new market channels, you will also directly impact the business revenue and profit. This opportunity will also allow the incumbent to work collaboratively across various teams within the company.