Product Manager, Safety & Environmental - Petrochemical
Newly created specialised position due to business growth
Individual contributor role with huge pipeline for career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturing leader within the petrochemical / chemical industry. They carry a broad range of products throughout the value chain. They are built upon a solid foundation of technologies that is has been improved through numerous rounds of innovation across the past 40 years. Their presence spans across 50 countries and its products and services cuts across multiple industries that includes government water systems, telecommunication, healthcare, energy and power and more. Due to the positive outlook of the business and the huge pipeline that they have in store, they are investing in a new headcount to focus on the product management for the entire lifecycle of any product renovation or new product development and also touching on the topics of health, safety and environmental issues that may be raised.
This role is critical in supporting multiple stakeholders in various functions, and more specifically the sales and marketing teams. It also holds the responsibility and the commitment to their customers, suppliers and major parties along their products' value chain, ensuring that they are compliant and tapping onto opportunities that could create bigger value both in terms of revenue and long-term sustainability of the business and environmental impact.
You will also be up to the challenge of:
- Creating product statements to support the commercial sales and marketing communication teams to sell their products more effectively
- Develop both short term and long-term plans and strategies that would ensure the product stewardship needs are met
- Ensure continuous efforts are invested in product stewardship improvements
- Work cross functionally with both internal and external stakeholders, including the R&D teams, sales and business development teams, as well as the legal and compliance team
- Having the familiarity of the different practices in different regions, and staying up-to-date with any changes
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor or Masters in Business Management, Marketing, Chemical Engineering or a relevant technical degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a petrochemical or chemical industry
- Subject matter expert and industry follower of the technologies, regulations and product stewardship management systems
- Strategic and tactical skills to influence across a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Analytical thinking, with out of the box thinking
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders situated in scattered locations across the region
What's on Offer
This is a new role that is considered upon the growth of the business and their continued vested interest in building even more pipeline. The company has a solid branding and performance amongst their competitors in the chemical sector and has also been coined as one of the main drivers of the polymers categories. The ideal candidate will be in the leadership pipeline for the region, owning autonomy and responsibility of the company's strategy in the long run.