- Reputable organisation with great team and culture
- Challenging role for an ambitious individual
About Our Client
Reputable organisation with great team and culture.
Commodities trading to support Asia's economic growth.
Finance Manager's Specific activities
- Preparation of the daily P&L including reconciliation, position generation and providing commentary for material P&L movements
- Month-end Accounting Close
- Month-end Actual to Flash Reconciliation
- Quarter-end preparation
- Work with external Auditors
Drive commercial focus
- Support the front office to maximise the returns generated by the business.
- Provide Finance input early on in the deal approval process.
- Work closely with other functions, including Risk (Market & Credit), Treasury, Finance and Tax to provide and use risk capital and working capital in a tax efficient structure.
The Successful Applicant
- Team player
- Understanding of MTM and market risk
- Must have the control mindset and prior training
- Understanding of the Hards commodity markets an advantage
- Experience of typical trading business systems is required. Specific experience of the systems is an advantage.
- General Ledger Accounting systems (SUN)
- Consolidation systems (Hyperion)
- Trading Systems (Allegro)
This is a challenging role for an ambitious, commercially-minded professional, who is a team player and who has the potential to grow with the business. The role requires one to exercise initiative and a willingness to challenge, with the flexibility and competence to deal with a range of different issues.
To succeed, you will need to be innovative in building new processes, in assisting in the introduction of new systems and in producing robust, accurate and timely data to give management visibility of what is driving the business results. Above all you will have the commercial insight to partner the business and drive business performance.
What's on Offer
Excellent team bonding and culture.
Reputable market leader.
Drive business performance with senior stakeholders.