Procurement Manager - Direct materials
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent European MNC that is a market leader in the Consumer industry, with a large global network in Europe, America and APAC with more than 15,000 employees worldwide. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are seeking for a Procurement Manager- Direct Materials to assist them and contribute in this area.
The majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement process of direct materials for the manufacturing site in Singapore. You are also responsible to develop local sourcing strategies and savings opportunities to secure the supply of required raw materials. You'll be managing a small team. You are required to be a subject matter expert using SAP system.
Your responsibilities include:
- To drive the procurement process by developing intimate knowledge of selected commodity markets through study, analysis, personal contacts with suppliers, brokers and any other sources of market information.
- To develop and implement business procurement strategies for the country/site to optimize cost.
- Analyze trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decisions.
- To manage global/local sourcing strategies and contracts, ensuring allocation and contract execution compliance.
- To lead RFQ's, negotiations and cost reduction initiatives and to develop alternate vendor approval processes.
- Timely follow up on planning and A/P escalations ensuring appropriate commercial relations with the supply base.
- Resolve expediting related supplier conflicts.
- Implement global, regional and local agreements where possible and support the financial targets as outlined by IM&S; Procurement.
- To carry out local negotiations with suppliers and ensure adequate contract cover within the portfolio within the value of spend specified by the National IM&S Procurement Manager and the Global Delegation of Authorities/Signatories policy.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in the Chemical/FMCG Industry from a Manufacturing background. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.