- Exciting Opportunity
- Work Life Balance
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent European MNC that is a market leader in the Specialty Chemical Industry with a large global network in Europe, America and APAC. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are seeking for an Experienced Procurement Manager, APAC (Direct) to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Global Head, the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement (direct) activities. This role is both operational and strategic. You will be an Individual Contributor who travels 20% of the time to APAC.
Your responsibilities include:-
- Procurement of direct categories- Raw Materials.
- Providing Procurement Governance Framework and Systems.
- Bridging your category with other BUs as well as other categories.
- Define and rollout your strategy for direct categories to improve bottom-line productivity.
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives.
- Ensure all Procurement Managers in the region understand and apply the Global Procurement Guidelines.
- To align objectives between regional operations and global procurement.
- To Engage in direct negotiations with category suppliers to achieve competitive rates and services across various strategic areas.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in Direct Procurement within O&G/Chemical Industry would be highly preferred. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.