- New exciting role
- Global MNC
About Our Client
Our client is renowned global Power equipment manufacturer with more than 100 years in the business and 30,000 staff worldwide. They are currently looking for a Procurement lead to join their growing team.
- Execute and development of competent supply base through active sourcing and engagement with suppliers, achieving quality and cost saving in the process
- Lead in commodity strategies and programs, supplier negotiation and management
- Building relationship with supplier to ensure best quality and cost of product in line with business directions
- Collaboration with regional and global teams to drive cost reduction programs with supplier and cross functional teams when necessary
- To periodically review and request for pricing of new and existing components, understand current product requirements and to provide suggestions on material availability or alternatives
- Effectively communicate sourcing strategies and supply based consolidations recommendations to management
- Report generations and carry out market analysis
- Maintenance of documentations related to your products (Eg, Product catalogues, price list)
- Close monitoring of Supply chain and supplier process for improvement and risk management - identifying gaps and issue resolutions
- Partnering with purchasing team to resolve any issues and providing guidance when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering or related field with at least 5 years of Supply Chain and commodity management experience
- Great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience and good negotiation skills
- Experience in driving continuous improvement plans and commodity strategies
What's on Offer
The prospect of joining this internationally renowned company presents an excellent opportunity for you to build a career ladder in the Power & Engineering Industry. Our client is well known for placing strong emphasis on the employee training and development.