Procurement Assistant Manager / Manager (Direct Materials)
People focused business
About Our Client
Our client is renowned global electrical MNC with over 50,000 employees worldwide. They specialized in the creation of automation and process systems for their customers around the globe. They are currently looking for a Senior Commodity Engineer / Manager to join their dynamic team to contribute to the business.
- Execute regional commodity strategies, programs and cost saving plans to support APAC site activities and opportunities via supplier negotiations and leveraging on E-sourcing tools etc.
- To source and qualify for new suppliers for assigned commodities (e.g. Twell, sensors etc.), with driving KPI objectives and lead time in mind.
- Providing support in resolving any supplier quality problems, while improving supplier manufacturing and processes
- Work closely with various teams for quality requirements, commodity related enquires and support on programs such as Buying initiatives, inflation model, parts analysis & contract management etc.
- Perform regular business reviews of the suppliers and build lasting relationship to ensure best qualify and cost of product in line with business directions.
- Analysis and review material supplies to ensure continuity and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business objectives and drive KPI.
- Keep in line of the market trends, suppliers' development and new materials to improve on company's competitive edge.
- Providing regular recommendations and commodity related updates to senior management.
- Partnering with tactical buyers to resolve any issues and providing guidance when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering or related field with at least 5 years of Supply Chain and commodity management related experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience and good negotiation skills
- Knowledge and trained in Lean techniques, 6 Sigma etc
What's on Offer
The prospect of joining this internationally renowned company presents an excellent opportunity for you to build a career ladder in the automation & engineering Industry. Our client is well known for placing strong emphasis on the employee training and development.