Process Development Engineer (Assy Extrusion)
Medical Device Industry
Based in Singapore
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum.
As Process Development Engineer (Assy Extrusion) your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support project manager in ensuring that project completion date, capital investment, and overall process effectiveness are consistently met.
- Support project manager in the following project activities:
- Provide technical inputs during extrusion/assembly design specification and approval reviews.
- Lead, coordinate and work on construction and testing of an extruder/assembly machine.
- Perform site installation and technical training for extrusion/assembly machine
- Provide engineering inputs on Design for Automated Assembly (DFAA) during product development and contribute in product FMEA.
- Identify and perform process technology assessment for extrusion and assembly process.
- Execute process development activities utilizing Six-sigma Methodology, and establish process specification.
- Conduct and prepare process FMEA documentation.
- Design and conduct Design of Experiments (DOE) and Develop Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Coordinate design and build of prototype equipment to support pilot production.
- Prepare test procedures, work instruction and validation protocols.
- Execute process validation and compile completion report.
- Preparation for technical review by corporate functional team.
- Safety & ISO 14001 Environmental accountability.
- Able to travel globally and able to station at overseas plants for equipment installation, process development and validation activities
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Process Development Engineer (Assy Extrusion) candidate we are looking for should have:
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering with more than 3-year experience in assembly and/or Extrusion process development.
- Proficient in Minitab Statistical Software.
- Six-sigma Green Belt certified is an added advantage.
What's on Offer
- Providing a great place to work.
- Enjoy the benefits including choices in medical programs, a company-sponsored savings plan, onsite fitness centers at select locations, tuition reimbursement and many others that support a healthy lifestyle.