Pre-Sales Engineer - Quantitative Trading Software
First pre-sales hire in Singapore, European firm
Client facing role, working with hedge funds, prop trading groups
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Europe, is a pioneer in fully integrated algorithmic software solutions for quantitative hedge funds. Their product allows for automation of complex, quantitative trading strategies in Equity, Forex & Derivative markets. It is one of first platforms that allows automated trading of Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies.
They see a huge potential for growth in APAC and as part of their focus to invest in Singapore, they are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer - Quantitative Trading Software.
The Pre-Sales Engineer - Quantitative Trading Software will be part of the sales team and support the sales process and deal flow. You will be collaborate closely with the sales, consulting services, product development & tech support teams to ensure that proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address client needs.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this role is responsible for:
- Leading the design of quantitative trading strategies for clients
- Driving the demos of the software solution to client
- Support the sales team and client trials
- Be the voice of customer to recommend product improvements and customizations
- Present market trends and best practices to HQ
The Successful Applicant
- Masters in Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 years or more in pre-sales for software products sold into hedge funds, built on Java
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment, taking frequent meetings (remotely and in person) with New York, London, Poland and Switzerland
- Experience of having worked in start-up environments will be a huge plus
- Solid technical background, having started in a software engineering role, for complex solutions
- Fair risk appetite, entrepreneurial desire and passion for cryptocurrency and quantitative trading
- Solution driven approach to business conversations a lot of conviction, as you are required to represent the firm at all major events together with sales
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading quantitative trading software provider, is looking for someone who has a desire to join a hyper growth software trading business. This role is for someone who is keen to join a business with an amazing culture, lean teams and backed by industry experts. If you are looking for a low risk job with a 'fixed compensation heavy' package, this won't be the right role for you.