Retail environment with transparent career progression
Market leading brand with global presence
About Our Client
The € 9.4bn Group is a market leader in premium, luxury and sports eyewear with over 7400 retail stores globally and 80,000 employees. It operates 39 commercial outlets in Singapore.
The Group designs, manufactures, distributes and retails its eyewear brands. It also manufactures sunglasses and prescription frames for designer brands globally.
The Group's profits are a testament to its powerful mission and integrated yet open business model. Unmet demand for eyesight improvement translated into particularly significant gains for vision correction and sun protection solutions as well as for its retail activities.
- As an optometrist you will work as part of a team delivering total satisfaction to customers through conducting thorough eye examinations, contact lens assessments and aftercare. You will offer customers recommendations to the highest professional and ethical standards and use your knowledge to effectively identify customer needs and recommend eyewear and eye care solutions accordingly. In addition, you will act as an ambassador for the Group, ensuring every customer is welcomed into the store and to ensure their expectations are exceeded throughout the customer experience.
- The optometrist will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. You will coach assistants to consistently deliver effective selling behaviours that result in high customer engagement.
- A key part of the role will be communicating with patients in order to get detailed case histories. You will examine the eyes of patients of all ages according to guidelines, and use specialist equipment for diagnosis and testing. You will issue prescriptions for spectacles or contact lenses and fit as well as check prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects. Furthermore, you will offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters, and offer help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses.
- The optometrist will write referral communications to doctors as required by legal guidelines. You will liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- You will be responsible for meeting a sales targets around spectacles & contact lenses, and you will manage staff, including dispensing opticians and store staff as required. This will involve supervising and training store staff, and performing core administrative functions.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be requested to perform any other duties deemed reasonable by your line manager
The Successful Applicant
* CET statutory requirement completed
* You must be a qualified Optometrist with a degree in Optometry
* Be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience of providing excellent care and service
* Previous experience in retail or customer service preferred
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work with a market leading organization in a role that offers transparent career progression and personal growth opportunities.