Markets Economist, China
Opportunity to work closely with top management team
About Our Client
My client is one of well named foreign banks with corporate and investment banking business in China.
- As the Markets Economist, China, you will provide timely, relevant, and high-quality economic forecasts, analysis and insights on China, and research coverage in Shanghai.
- You will work in conjunction with the wider Research team to support sustainable growth across the business and assist both internal and external clients in meeting their business aims.
- Your role will involve regular interactions with global and Chinese clients as well as financial regulators in China.
The Successful Applicant
- A thorough knowledge of the Chinese economy, with proven years of experience as an economist or in a similar role
- Expertise in applying modern quantitative and econometric techniques
- An ability to build relationships both within the bank and externally
- An effective communication style and a collaborative approach
- Able to work autonomously in a demanding environment often with little supervision
- Post graduate degree in economics or finance preferred (or equivalent)
What's on Offer
Flexible working environment