Marketing Director, SEA - FMCG
New role created to lead marketing in SEA
Team management role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading consumer goods brand with a global distribution network. They have a strong market position in South East Asia and Taiwan. In terms of direct teams in the region, they operate with a lean "in-country" model. As part of the 2020 vision to strengthen their market lead, are looking to hire a Marketing Director, SEA.
The Marketing Director, SEA will report directly to the Regional Head of Marketing. There will also be a close working relationship with the Vice President for the region, who owns the P&L.
This is a leadership role that requires the individual to be hands on as there is a lean marketing team now and the focus will be digital engagement, digital acquisition, offline marketing campaigns, brand management etc. This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Developing marketing & innovation strategies - help to achieve regional sales & profit objectives
- Lead cross functional teams in brand communications, new product launches and cost optimization
- Provide key insights to the Country Managers to drive important sales decisions
- Manage the marketing budget for SEA & Taiwan
- Be the 'voice of customer' while communicating marketing priorities to R&D and Consumer Insights teams
- Manage direct regional marketing staff
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Masters' Degree in Marketing, Business or a relevant discipline
- 15 years or more in leading regional marketing with at least 5 years in SEA & Taiwan
- Experience with consumer-packaged goods [home care, oral care] will be highly preferred
- Analytical personality, out of the box thinking and project management skills for building new offerings
- Flexibility to travel in the region
What's on Offer
This is a new role, created in a business that has a strong regional ambition. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and a corresponding ability to take lead. You will manage the marketing function in key markets and play a pivotal role in hiring and developing talent. The compensation and benefits for this role will be in line with the market, we expect it to be in the 85th percentile.