- Exciting Opportunity
- Fantastic Remuneration
About Our Client
Our Client is the market leader in providing logistics solutions to a wide segment of Industry with core business across APAC. They are currently now in a strategic position to revamp their business model that would help the organization grow in presences. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance and as part of this commitment they are looking for an experienced Managing Director/Chief Operating Officer to be based in their Singapore office.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be providing strategic leadership in accordance with its Company strategy. This leadership role entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company's long and short term plans to advance the Company's mission, vision and objectives. Additional Responsibilities:
- To chart the growth and expansion path of the company by setting company business direction and strategies; ensure all business units achieve its deliverables and the company objectives.
- To provide financial plans for the businesses and ensure financial targets are achieved, where possible exceeded.
- To ensure that the business activities are properly and effectively conducted in accordance to the policies and objectives.
- Fosters effective team building environment to meet the current and future needs of the business through a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Identify project delivery risks and potential opportunities for the business.
- Extensive internal and external Stakeholder engagement.
- Process improvement and risk management - identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Having an appreciation for end-to-end processes to provide solutions.
The Successful Applicant
You must have a Degree/Master's in business and significant years of experience within the Logistics Industry. You should be able to work independently and also have strong leadership experience with good communication skills. You'll need to have excellent stakeholder management and people management experience to drive the business towards unchartered territory with a visionary mind set to breakthrough new markets. Your experience directly in the Logistics Industry be it in Transportation, Freight Forwarding, 3PL/4PL or Contract Logistics would be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
You will be working in an organization that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.