Manager (Regional Operations)
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in cargo and port management with customer and project based worldwide. They are looking for a Manager (Regional Operations) to join their expanding business and contribute to the growth of their Cargo Solution Business.
- To develop operating plan that cater to growth over the medium to long term when the company expands local services at origin, built around storage and domestic distribution as focal points of a broader solution
- Managing implementation process - from site selection and layout, resource selection and deployment, SOPs development, asset procurement and negotiation and to monitor KPI and benchmark set after project implemented
- To manage operational risk through appropriate process safeguards and documentation to minimize service issues/ claims/ damages to the business
- Collaborating with the sales team to contribute to development and growth of the business and deliver P&L targets set out
- Developing of an effective operations and transportation team capable of supporting multiple new projects/initiatives executions across locations simultaneously
- Ensure operational efficiency, identifying potential cost savings opportunities and to carry out periodic reviews to identify gaps and improve on existing operations
- Driving HSSE compliance with group and sustainability standards
- Mobility across Singapore to cover contingencies at short notice
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years of experience in operations management with a reputable logistics services provider with focus on supporting DC / transportation management solutions
- Possess Core 2PL relationships within the warehousing and distribution segments.
- Resourcefulness, maturity and high level of initiative
- Ability to manage high value development projects and logistics infrastructure investments and develop operating plans to cater to growth as the group expands local services around storage and distribution management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and negotiation skills in managing business relationships and conducting contract/rate negotiations with customers & service providers
What's on Offer
The work environment is stable and engaging, with a culture that places high respect on teamwork as well as individuality. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.