Logistic Manager (Seafreight)
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent European MNC that is a market leader in the chemical industry, with a large global network in Europe, America and APAC with more than 15,000 employees worldwide. They are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are seeking for a Logistic Manager (Seafreight) to assist them and contribute in this area.
As a Logistics Manager, you are responsible to oversee and manage all daily activities and roles involved in the administration of inbound materials transportation and outbound shipments. This is a people management role.
Your responsibilities include:
- To manage all local in-and outbound transport activities taking place on site.
- To contribute to the design of the local Logistics strategy in compliance with regional/global strategy.
- To monitor compliance of materials/products transportation with safety/security regulations, for both inbound and outbound shipment.
- Drive for continuous improvement at site level with relation to carrier performance.
- Participate in site/division projects related to customs and trade compliance impacting transport.
- Ensure most efficient processes in place in relation with relevant stakeholders.
- Propose & drive processes & organization optimization for more efficiency and reduced cost.
- Update and maintain ISO documentation where necessary.
- Properly identify the right communication method based on the sense of urgency and issue.
- Knows how to diffuse a difficult situation and get resolution with the customers & employees.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in the Chemical/FMCG Industry from a Manufacturing background. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare