- Excellent opportunity to join a global tier 1 reinsurance firm
- 1 year contract (maternity cover)
About Our Client
The client is a tier 1 reinsurance firm, ranked within the top five globally. With a rich history of fifty years, my client has a global presence of more than thirty countries.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Performance & Actuarial, South Asia, this role will lead the technical accounting team for South Asia treaties.
- In charge of the life technical accounting business, ensuring all accounting information is accurate and timely captured in the system for closing.
- Responsible for Treaty creation, estimation, accounting & settlement
- Work together with other internal teams (claims, underwriting, pricing, finance etc) and other regional offices to provide technical accounting expertise
- Lead the year-end audit process
- Any other adhoc duties
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of relevant technical accounting experience in the re/insurance industry
- Open to candidates without technical accounting experience but come with general accounting/policy management experience from the direct life side
- Excellent communication skills required to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a tier 1 global reinsurance firm. For candidates without technical accounting experience but come from the re/insurance industry, this will be a good opportunity to try something new!