Start Up Environment
About Our Client
As the second legal counsel in this media and entertainment start up you are joining an expanding business in SEA, one that will allow you get involved not only in the legal side but commercials as well. There is scope to travel and join a close knit team. With the K - pop focus, the ability to speak and write in Korean is very important to support the staff on the ground there.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements in relation to the creation, production and distribution of content, artiste management, partnerships, M&A matters, sales and marketing activities, intellectual property development, licensing and protection
- Managing contentious matters
- Providing legal, regulatory and strategic advice to the business both in respect of existing markets, as well as potential new markets.
- Interacting directly with the senior management team and relevant business stakeholders
- Carry out duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by management.
- Corporate Secretarial services (drafting of resolutions, forms, etc.)
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualified lawyer with around 1-5 years of relevant post-qualification legal experience in an internationally recognized jurisdiction and/or in-house environment, with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Solid legal foundation and experience in supporting businesses across multiple jurisdictions. Experience dealing with Korean partners would be a huge advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Korean.
- Proven communication skills, being able to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Solution-oriented and commercially savvy
- Ability to thrive in, and embrace a start-up work environment
What's on Offer
What is on Offer?
- Be a part of a privately funded start up in media space
- A boss who will train and coach you
- A personable and growing team with good office hours ( 930-6)
- Scope to get involved in legal and commercial side and help shape business
- Opportunity to travel if you want