Lead Database Administrator (SQL/Sybase)
Attractive salary package
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational professional service provider and consulting firm with a strong presence in APAC with Singapore being their regional headquarters. They are setting up they regional shared service centre for Technology operations in Singapore and are looking experienced SQL or Sybase Database Administrator to join them.
As a Lead Database Administrator, you will be responsible for :
- Providing both 2nd and 3rd line support to approximately 7,000 users across 34 countries on a 24/6 basis.
- Providing SME guidance and technical resource while performing a crucial role in the delivery of global IT projects to implement upgrades, enhancements and new systems/technologies, in line with the Page Business Technology Strategy.
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining Database server in production, QA and development environments.
- Monitoring and tuning database servers and databases to ensure optimal performance and availability
- Advising on database physical and logical design and SQL Coding while providing technical support for production systems and to Application and Infrastructure support teams.
- Ensuring batch tasks are completed successfully while overseeing Data extraction, transformation and load (ETL)
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant you will have 5-8 years industry experience in a Sybase or MS SQL Server DBA role supporting both production and development environments (versions 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 & 2014). You will have thorough understanding of database design and administration.
You will have strong hands on SQL / T-SQL scripting skills, including stored procedures / scheduled tasks, triggers functions and querying of the system catalogue.
You will have experience in SQL performance optimisation, Database server monitoring, SQL Server Agent job creation and scheduling.
What's on Offer
- Regional role
- Permanent opportunity
- Attractive salary package