An opportunity to work for a global investment bank
A competitive remuneration package
About Our Client
A global investment bank with 1430 branches worldwide. Singapore is the headquarter for their Asian commercial banking. The client has recently completed their remediation project, and is now moving on to set up the periodic review team. They are currently looking for 3 head counts to join the KYC team as checkers.
- Prioritize the periodic review of customers and prepare client-specific KYC-related analysis and complete Customer Due Diligence
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt timely and adequately to the new Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies, processes, system knowledge
- Engage and work with Business Units to assess documentation requirements for customers
- Interact with clients to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation
- Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients
- Liaise with internal Compliance personnel on the application of KYC policy
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Participate in Remediation, internal/external Audits
- Perform MIS reporting to management on the KPI and KRI.
- Point of escalation for the team
- To be responsible on the review and approval of customer files
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of experience in the KYC/AML space in Banking industry
- Preferred KYC/Periodic Review experience in Banks, NBFI, Funds, Corporates
- Control focused mind set and good understanding of regulatory and reputation risks - (knowledge of Singapore AML requirements is a plus)
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present to an audience.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm/customer and people with different experiences and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently when needed and to prioritise tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
This presents an opportunity to work for a bulge bracket bank as a senior analyst (checker), who can take on a team lead position with the right demonstration of leadership qualities. This position will be part of their periodic review team, with a possible conversion after 6 months.