IT Project Manager
Great Career Opportunity to work for One of the largest luxury retail MNC
Attractive remuneration package and benefit
About Our Client
Our Client is the world's leading luxury travel retailer. Established in Hong Kong in 1960, they continues to be a pioneer in global luxury travel retail, offering its customers a carefully curated selection of exceptional products from over 700 of the most desired brands through 420 boutiques on four continents. Its network consists of duty free stores located in 11 major global airports and many other central locations, as well as affiliate and resort locations. Our Client employs around 9,000 people focused on creating inspiring retail experiences for its customers. They have headquarter in Hong Kong and has offices in Australia, Cambodia, China, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Macau, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States of America and Vietnam.
- Responsible for Datastage development, performance tuning and maintenance of Datastage environment
- Strong exposure to Data Warehousing Concepts, Practices, Procedures and Performance optimization techniques.
- Interact with Project stake holders to understand functional as well as technical requirements and documenting, publishing to Team.
- Work with Business Analysts, Software developers, DBAs to achieve project objectives - delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
- Strong Data profiling, Data Analysis and Data modelling skills.
- Strong SQL and Shell Scripting Skills. Should be familiar with Crontab Scheduling Tool.
- Deep understanding of Data ware housing concepts and Relational Databases.
- Should have played a Team Lead or Data Architect role.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, writing ETL specifications and preparing design documents.
- Responsible for database and data warehouse design process, logical and physical design, star schema, snowflake schema etc.
- Assess existing system and identify areas for improvement around BI Support Monitoring
- Recommend improvements to the existing BI Monitoring process to BI Support Lead
- Assess problem management areas - review the problem tickets and suggest optimizations
- Assess the current support landscape and suggest Optimizations by redesigning the existing solution keeping the functional requirements impact
- Suggest improvements pertaining to overall application monitoring process
- Exception Management such as long running Queries/ User Workload management
- Proactive Management Weekly and Monthly loads
- Optimizations in support processes/ monitoring mechanisms/ current technical implementations which can be optimized (explicit)
- Review existing BI Support process and recommend enhancement to the same including SOPs
- Responsible for designing Datastage solutions using parameters, variables, procedures and pre/post session commands/shell scripts with industry best practices.
- Responsible for providing recommendations for re-usable design patterns
- Work with Presales team for POC's, POV's, estimations ,proposals and RFP's
- Understand customer's processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the function or business unit
- Independently manage and execute small size projects and proactively highlights external dependencies
- Ensures design is scalable and flexible and provide inputs to team members on how best to implement the same
- Get the design reviewed with the Solution Designer / Architects and validation of the detailed technical design for business applications to ensure alignment with business requirements
- Collaborate closely with offshore development team to implement the requirements, provide necessary inputs to SIT team
- Constant learning and application of the newest features on the projects
- Prepare technical documentation for design, training and support purposes
- Provide regular and accurate progress reporting and communication to all stakeholders
- Partner with client stakeholders and other teams as appropriate
- Make recommendations for application performance improvements
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of progressive experience with Data Warehousing and ETL tool Datastage with expertise in Netezza DB, UNIX, LINUX, etc
- Expertise in reviewing technical architecture, technical requirements documentation
- Prior experience working in retail domain is preferred
- Experience of leading small to medium project
- Ability to work effectively in onsite-offshore model, under time pressure and managing ambiguity
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent degree required
What's on Offer
Exciting role to work within a fast-paced and international environment. You will be working closely with a great team of colleagues. They are offering a competitive salary package and commitment to the growth of its employees.