IT Infrastructure Architect - Retail
Attractive Salary Package
Fast Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client is a European Multinational Corporation with a well-established presence of more than 30 years. They are one of the market leaders within the retail industry with more than 100 000 employees.
As an IT infrastructure specialist, you should be responsible for:
- Developing and driving the infrastructure roadmap on an enterprise level, this includes IT architectural strategies, providing standardisation and modernisation of legacy platforms.
- Analysing the risks, advantages and opportunities linked to IT architectural strategies while striking a balance approach with the focus on business growth, scalability and operational functionality.
- Leading the design and development of infrastructure building blocks, this includes providing simplified, stable and scalability of enterprise IT infrastructure systems.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in providing IT infrastructure design standards, implementation strategies and best practices.
- Collaborating closely with key stakeholders to understand system requirements while providing advice on solutions, risks and business impacts and cost measures.
- Communicating with key stakeholders across the organisation to convey architecture strategies, advantages and roadmaps.
- Engaging in the governance of projects or initiatives while bridging gaps between existing and future-state IT architectures.
- Documenting IT policies and SOPs related to the maintenance of IT infrastructure architecture.
- Overseeing Data Centres security and housekeeping while providing Disaster Recovery Exercises.
- Performing trouble-shooting on Software, Hardware, POS and Network issues while planning and conducting patch management.
- Resolving user enquiries and incidents related to IT issues while developing Level 1 and 2 resolution processes for common issues.
- Providing weekend store support, this includes Critical Store Retail System on a scheduled basis.
- Tracking software license compliance through measures such as Service Desk and SCCM while coordinating on-site projects with vendors.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful candidate, you should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with at least 6 years of experience in IT infrastructure coupled with VMWare and MCSA Certification with at least 2 years of experience in architecture of IT infrastructure while spearheading IT infrastructure initiatives.
You should have a strong experience in Windows Server operating systems, this includes storage, E-mail, Database, VMware, Citrix Xenapp, data center, backup, firewall, security and cloud platforms.
You should also have a proven track record of high availability IT infrastructure designs, this will include providing methodologies, systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
What's on Offer
- Attractive Salary Package
- Fast Career Growth
- Fun Work Environment