Indirect Sourcing Specialist - (Internal Consultancy)
Central City Location
Role will require 10% travel outside of Singapore
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in consultancy services across finance, audit, business transformation, IT implementations & advancements and business strategy. Over the past 5+ years they have grown to a critical mass here in Asia which has required them over that time to grow and invest in their internal procurement function. The challenge you will face is similar to that of any internal procurement function within a consultancy firm - building key relationships with Partners and Directors is critical to your success. In effect - you will be consulting to consultants.
You will report to the Senior Procurement Head for the Asia internal procurement function. The spend you will be managing will be at a regional level and require you to dig into data from across the region and gather information from your senior stakeholders on how they engage and categories spend with each suppliers.
Key success in this position will require you to:
- Develop depth of relationships with senior stakeholders (business unit owners) to influence and drive change (in spend habits)
- Work with suppliers at a regional level to develop Asia pacific wide effective agreements which also cover changes in currency (as applicable)
- Create and execute end to end category plans for indirect professional services
- Conduct professional presentations to stakeholder succinctly
- Assist in the establishment of best practice procurement processes - under the framework that utlising procurement internally isn't mandated.
Mandarin Speaking would be highly advantageous due to the suppliers who are largely based in Mandarin speaking markets.
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally have a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Commerce or Business Management. It will be highly advantageous having prior working experience either within a consultancy firms internal procurement function (or in a procurement consultancy position) or you will have worked within a procurement model where procurement is not mandatory and you see yourself as an adviser to your stakeholders to utilise procurement. You will have a track record of success in working with multiple vendors with back to back contracts within complex partnerships all the way down to negotiating in a sole sourcing scenario.
Your procurement experience will be across indirect goods and services - which may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Marketing (ABT, BTL, Digital)
- HR / Recruitment
- Complex 3rd party consulting services
With a great eye for detail you will be very comfortable reviewing contracts on the first, second and third review - prior to passing to your legal department for a final approval.
What's on Offer
Be part of the journey to establish a procurement function here in Singapore/Asia. The position has a career pathway to Management over the next 18 to 24 months.