In- House Legal Counsel
Full spectrum role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading integrated trading company with an international presence across 14 countries in the region. Their businesses span diverse industries and as such they need a new lawyer to join their growing team in their corporate office.
- Provide legal services such as drafting, reviewing, attending discussions and meetings and corporate advisory.
- Work closely with the Management as a trusted legal advisor in business decisions and negotiations.
- Further development of the Group's compliance program, i.e. advise management on compliance issues, draft and roll-out policies, conduct compliance training's for colleagues in Singapore and group companies in Asia & Oceania region.
- Support corporate secretarial activities and liaise with external vendor.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience (either from private practice or in-house or a combination of both)
- Possess generalist experience (drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts, dispute resolutions and corporate secretarial matters)
- Possess knowledge about international trade practices (Incoterms, Letter of Credit, etc)
- Compliance experience is preferred.
- Corporate secretarial experience will be an advantage.
- Regional exposure will be an advantage, preferably dual qualified in both Singapore and Malaysia.
- Willing to travel on needs basis
What's on Offer
The successful candidate join a team of talented people in the global business arena. You will gain regional exposure and growth opportunities. A good salary, bonuses and benefits as well. Hours are very regular and you will have the ability to develop the full suite of in house skills.