Head of Technology Development, SEA - Coatings & Inks
Develop and implement global R&D strategy and objectives
Pilot regional R&D projects based in Malaysia
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established multinational in the packaging ink and chemical industry. They have an established network of production plants around the world which continuously allows them to offer high-quality innovative products and tailor-made solutions to global customers. As the business is expanding in Asia, they are looking to hire a dynamic and experienced Head of Technology Development to meet the company's medium and long-term business objectives.
This role will be based in Malaysia with the option of relocating to the company headquarters for 1 to 2 years of extensive training. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Feasibility assessment of specific regional R&D projects, identification of regional customer needs to provide state-of-the-art innovative products and solutions
- Compliance of raw material and intermediate portfolio to legal, industry and company standards
- Regional as well as global transfer of product and technology knowledge to implementation teams and customers
- Regular regional and local project reviews and reports to initiate corrective actions and provide accurate documentation in line with defined professional standards
- Preparation and implementation of R&D business plans, objectives and budgets according to BU and regional needs
- Technical and subject matter expertise support to all Group patent activities
- Lead department and lab team, motivate staff to improve performance and continuously develop professional expertise
- Control budgets within the area of responsibility and implement corrective actions in case of deviations
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is a chemical engineer by education and MBA-qualified with at least 10 years of comprehensive experience in ink development technology. He or she should have a successful track record in managing large R&D projects in printing and flexible packaging on local and regional levels. The candidate should also have a proven ability to solve technical issues in ink, packaging, chemicals, coatings, additives, etc. He or she should possess strong business acumen, managerial and communication skills, and the ability to build robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
The client is looking for a results-driven leader with high integrity and professionalism. The preferred candidate will be entrusted to lead regional and local R&D projects and grow the department to become his or her success story. Exposure and career growth is offered along with a competitive salary package.